Sunday, October 19, 2008

Are we having fun yet?

As part of our efforts to update the house a bit, we decided to have the floors redone. Several phone calls later we thought that $2500 was a bit much to pay. So we decided to do it ourselves!! Thanks Home Depot!! Took awhile....


Maybe 'cause Martha thought it could be done with a Dremel tool???
Fortunately Kevin prevailed and got a REAL sander!



See?!? He got it all sanded down just fine!



And now we have a beautiful, shiny floor!!! Probably not as nicely done as if we had paid $2500, but I think it looks just fine and Kevin did a great job!!!



5 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my gosh!! look at that!! A great job done by both of you.... the floors look beautiful! I bet you are happy to have it done now... now I know who to call when I want to have the floors done in the future! :) hope you are well!

Anonymous said...

I second Brooke's comment. I now know who to call because we are planning on ripping up all our carpet (nasty). very cool guys!

Martha & Kevin said...

Sorry, we don't do carpets or windows!!

Anonymous said...

What about laying ceramic tile? We are thinking of getting tile that looks like wood.

Martha & Kevin said...

Huh? I don't think I've ever seen that. And I think you could do it yourself, just gonna take a lot of time and patience. But you're parents now, you got plenty of one and none of the other. (you figure out which is which!)