Sunday, December 28, 2008

The week in review.....

Kevin and Martha learned how to use public transportation this week. Due to the snow comet that hit (see earlier post), we sunny Californians didn't feel safe driving. So we took the Max train into downtown where Kevin was able to walk to work. Martha had to take a bus to her office, and on Monday, she had to walk up the hill in the snow because the bus couldn't get up it since there were two buses broken down at the bottom. Tuesday she had to wait almost half an hour for the bus to even come. Wednesday, Kevin brought her home some snow boots!! Yay!!

Monday I took a few pictures of my cubicle it all it's Christmas finery. And do you know that I didn't get a single hippo for Christmas?!? Had to buy them all myself!! Probably a good thing I didn't get any more. Some day I will take a picture of the awesome Swatch hippo watch I found a few months ago!! So me!!

That's the lyrics for the song that are on the poster. Just in case anyone wanted to sing to me!

This hippo head is actually attached to a body, it hung so nicely over my cubicle wall though. Alas, it is on loan and will have to be returned when I take the decorations down...
On Monday, when I took these pictures, I was one of about 9 people that came in to an office that is usually filled with about 85 - 90 people. Got in about 8:45 and then got a ride home with someone who was brave enough to drive. We left about two and when I got home, I discovered that the lights were out!! The went out sometime Monday morning and were out until sometime Tuesday morning. So we took the mattress off the guest bed and slept in front of the fireplace. Here is an exciting picture of it below......


Okay, I took one with the flash on too, but it doesn't look like the lights are out in that one!!! Kevin said that it was the best night's sleep he's had in a long time!! We somehow managed to have hot water on Tuesday morning so I took a shower, but I got out of the shower and could see my breath it was so darned cold!! That's just wrong!! Plus I had to dry my hair by the heat of the fire. So I had a REALLY bad hair day!! Had several people tell me that my hair was...flat.
So, somehow we muddled through and made it to Christmas. We just had a couple of small gifts for each other as we both were going to have Friday off and planned to hit the after Christmas sales.

I got a Life Is Good shirt and some socks!! Mookie checked it out and approved. It has a dog on it so it's all good!!
As it turned out, both of us ended up having to work on Friday what with missing so much work and other people not being able to make it in. So we hit the mall on Friday night and then went out again on Saturday morning. I made quite a haul!!! Have been doing laundry ever since we got home Saturday to get all the stuff clean.
Back to work tomorrow, and then we are expecting Kevin's nephew Chris, and his wife Ashley to come up from Redding, CA on Wednesday to celebrate New Years!! I hope that they are able to get over the mountain passes and all the snow to get up here. Once they get here, there should be no problem. Believe it or not, almost all of our snow has now melted away........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that there was video of you trudging up the hill in the snow. It would have been better if you had to go to work up hill in the snow both ways!
Glad the snow is finally melting and that your power is back on, Samantha hated it when our power went out in an ice storm a few years ago when I was in Germany. Did you de-ice your grill to cook your dinner that night?
Would have been nice if my Cowboys had shown up to play today. There is always 2009!!!

Martha & Kevin said...

Isn't it enough that your brother won the fantasy football playoffs??

Anonymous said...

Rub it in, rub it in....