Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What happened this weekend?

I participated in my first mini-Triathlon over the weekend. It was at our gym, Life Time Fitness. I had a lot of fun, and performed at about the rate I would expect. This indoor event included a 10 minute swim in the lap pool, a 30 minute bike ride, and 20 minute run. Even though my position isn't that great, I really pushed myself.

Now on to Zachary. Z began eating green beans over the weekend. He really likes it, but we have to sing to him in order to get him to finish all his food. With real food, comes real poop. It's not the most enjoyable experience I've ever partaken in.

Martha, it's only a little more time until you get to spend the weekend with the little guy! We are quite excited, and Zachary is also squirming with excitement.

I'll post pictures later.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow... great job Brandon! What was your time?? Are you gearing up to do more mini-triathlon's or even better the bigger ones??

Zachary eating people food.... gosh it is sooooo not fair!!! :( I hate being so damn far away!!!
This is crazy how fast he is growing up!

Martha/Kevin, I posted under the Zachary crawling thread from Kyle... he needs your help getting signed on... he has tried...

Martha & Kevin said...

Wow, your comment about real poop just makes the countdown to San Antonio all the more exciting!! Am I required to change diapers??? :>)

Good for you on the mini tri! You are just getting to be the regular athelete these days!! I am just hoping that my faciitis will go away by next Thursday!! I could hardly put any weight on my right foot today. So I took some leftover Oxycodone from when I had my wisdom teeth removed and I'm hoping that will help! Woo hoo!

Brooke: I put a note on there too about Kyle. I have him listed as an "author" for the blog. I put in both of his e-mails, so I don't know what else to do!! I tried inviting him again, so we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Martha, part of your fee is changing the poopy diapers. There is only one per day, so you should be able to recover in-between.
I didn't really have a time on the traithlon because everyone participated for the same amount. My distances were 12 laps in 10 minutes in the pool; 12.6 miles in 30 minutes on the bike; and 2.31 miles on the treadmill in 20 minutes. It was the first time I performed all three activities on the same day. Actually, it's the first time I did even two of those activities on the same day. So, I was happy with the results even though I didn't place well.
The link for Life Time Fitness should show the results. I know the K. Zimmerman and the S. Owens people on the list. They both kicked my butt.

Martha & Kevin said...

I'm trying to remember the last time I changed a diaper. It's been awhile!! Maybe even since Kyle was a baby!!

Just one more week!!! Whoo hoo!! Can't wait!